Wed, Jan 24|
(Adult Focused) Mental Health First Aid
Sometimes first aid isn't a bandage, or CPR, or the Heimlich or calling 911. Sometimes first aid is YOU!
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2024, 8:30 AM MST – Jan 25, 2024, 2:30 PM MST
About the event
WHY MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults.
Join us for our Mental Health First Aid class, this class is the ADULT version.
WHAT IT COVERS:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.
Mental Health First Aid for Adults teaches people how to recognize signs of mental health or substance use challenges in adults ages 18 and older, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person toward appropriate care if necessary. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, psychosis, and addictions.
This is an 8 hrs. total course: With 2 hours self-paced pre-work prior to 6 hours virtual class via Zoom with certification in Mental Health First Aid at the end.
This class is for 18 years and older. Sorry no youth allowed per regulations from MHFA organization.
Price is $47 per participant. (Value of this program is $175)
The course will include an electronic resource workbook and an official MHFA certification that is good for 3 years.
- This class is via Zoom.
- You are REQUIRED to finish 2 hours of self-paced pre-work at the very minimum 24 hours PRIOR to the virtual class.
- You have 9 modules to complete prior to the Zoom portion.
- If you do NOT finish the 2 hours self-paced pre-work 24 hours prior, you will NOT be able to attend the class and will be rescheduled for a later class.
- You will receive a link to the 2-hours self-paced curriculum prior to the scheduled virtual class depending on the date you register.
- Register early.
- The educator will get notification once you complete the 2-hours self-paced course.
- You must attend the FULL 6-hours virtual class to get your certification.
- Certifications are good for 3 years.
- You will also get a link with confirmation of payment here.
ALL TICKET SALES WILL BE CUT OFF 1 DAY PRIOR TO THE IN-PERSON CLASS DUE TO PRE-WORK REQUIREMENTS.
Day of Class:
- Zoom info is listed under the tab #10 that is listed Instructor Led Session
- Bring water bottle, it is important to stay hydrated
- Bring pen and paper
- This is a full 6-hour virtual class with breaks built in
- You must download Zoom prior to class time
- Please log on 5-15 mins early to make sure your technology works properly for the virtual class time
- Be ready to learn and have an open mind
Have a company or large group of participants and want a private class?? Follow the directions below.
Include in email:
Total amount of participants
Budget (if there is one)
Virtual or in-person
Dates looking to schedule the class or classes
Logistics to keep in mind: 5 min, 30 max participants per class
Thanks to our monthly Warrior for Mental Health donors, we were able to lower the pricing of our classes from $147 to $47. Thank you Warriors for your generosity!
***We try our best to accommodate as many people as possible to get the lowered pricing, however we can't do it without the generosity of public donations and our monthly Warrior for Mental Health donors. DONATE today or send your friends to DONATE***.
- Sale ends: Jan 23, 2024, 4:00 PM MST